(Australian Associated Press)
RECORDS BROKEN IN AUSTRALIA’S DOMINANT ASHES TRIUMPH
* Australia wrapped up the Ashes in 852.3 overs from the first Test to the end of the third, the quickest of any side for a five-Test series Ashes Down Under.
* Australia needed 180.4 overs to win the third Test at the MCG, making for the shortest Test in the country in 71 years.
* England batters have made 54 ducks in 2021, matching the record for a calendar year set by their countrymen of 1998.
* Scott Boland equalled the record for the fastest five-wicket haul in an innings in Test history, matching the 19-ball efforts by England’s Stuart Broad (2015) and Australia’s Ernie Toshack (1947).
* Boland also conceded the fewest runs for a six-wicket haul on Test debut, bettering Charlie Turner’s 6-15 in 1887.
* England’s average of 18.75 per wicket with the bat is their lowest on any tour of Australia since way back in 1878-79.
* England’s 13 straight Tests in Australia without a win is the longest in their history.
* The tourists second-innings effort to be all out for 68 was their lowest score in Australia since 1904.